Friday, March 17, 2017

Airports

There is something exciting about flying, even if it is for a work trip instead of a holiday, which is why I am here today. 
In every airport I have been to, I have felt the same sense of adventure and anticipation in the air. 
The chinking of wine glasses, celebrating the start of holidays. 
The smell of coffee and breakfast, for those who have rolled straight out of bed. 
The excited chatter of travelers making plans.  
Teary goodbyes, welcome home hugs and 'see you soon' waves. 

4 comments:

  1. I can relate because I feel the same way. There is an excitement about the airport. You did a good job of capturing the essence of the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels and enjoy the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true...there's always a buzz in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love airports. Have fun at the conference.

    ReplyDelete